Amazon has evolved as a marketplace and “one size fits all’ approach is no more applicable. Behavior of the buyers has changed and technology has shaped the showing experience. Recognizing the growing trend of mobile shopping, Amazon’s A10 algorithm ensures a seamless and responsive search experience across various devices. This improvement caters to the evolving preferences of consumers who increasingly use smartphones and tablets for their online shopping needs.
The shift from the A9 algorithm to the A10 algorithm has brought about significant changes to the Amazon landscape, impacting both sellers and customers. Customers now experience a refined and personalized search journey, increasing the probability of finding the products they want.
Initially, the A9 algorithm focused on relevant and exact keyword matching. Which is that customers have to search an exact term / phrase to find the required products. In the new A10 algorithm priority is given to user history using machine learning to make a personalized shopping experience for buyers.
A9 algorithm considered historical data and focused more on well optimized listings but now with A10, along with well optimized listing focus is also given to a broader set of factors including customer engagement, reviews, and overall sales performance with freshness of data also being counted in.
A9 emphasized on click through rates and now A10 focuses on conversion rates, that is actual sales is now prioritized over visibility.
The A9 algorithm was mobile friendly but not explicitly made for it. The A10 algorithm on the hand ensures a seamless and responsive search experience across various devices like Alexa along with phones and laptops.
This transition has changed the way in which brands showcase themselves on Amazon. The importance given to review, ratings, conversion rates and creatives has shaped the marketplace for competition for sellers and a better than ever buying experience for the buyers.
The emphasis on value, sustainability, and the overall shopping experience has made buyers more selective, pushing brands to adapt and prioritize transparency, quality, and customer satisfaction in order to meet the evolving expectations of today’s savvy consumers.
If you want to up your game and stay on top of the charts on Amazon, reach out to RevBoosters for all things related to Amazon selling.
LinkedIn Carousel PostA9 Algorithm
- Focus on relevant and exact keyword matching
- Considered historical data
- Focus more on well optimized listings
- Emphasis on click through rates and visibility
- Mobile friendly but not explicitly made for it
- Priority given user history
- Machine learning used to make a personalized shopping experience for buyers
- Broader set of factors considered
- Focus on conversion rates
- Mobile friendly and also compatible with Alexa
- Optimize listings from time to time
- Engage customers with Audio, visual and textual content
- Reviews and ratings are important than ever
- Focus more on sales compared to visibilitys
- Be transparent with customers
- Use opportunities to create brand loyalty and retain customers